This is your source for an insider perspective on European six-day racing this winter. I'm still looking for sponsors to help make it all possible (here's my resume). Also feel free to make donations online using the button below; any support is appreciated and I have a list of private contributors on the site throughout the year.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Second video... at long last

It's been a while since I've updated anything, but I can assure you it's for reasons other than laziness or lack of want. I finished this video a few weeks ago but haven't been able to upload it, but here it is now for your viewing pleasure. All the pictures are new, the red jerseys are from Munich and the green are new pics from Dortmund. I just today found a few new photos from Geneva, so I'll put those up in the coming days.

Riding has been really good, I've found some great rides including to San Remo (like Milan-San Remo), Saint Tropez (clandestine wedding site of Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson, among others), and the Col d' Eze, a 20km climb just outside of town with views of the ocean and mountains the whole way. The rest of my time has been occupied with learning French and running about with buddies here. I also finished my first book in French, Le Vieil Homme et le Mer, and started on a collection of short stories by Stephen King in French. BUT, somehow I didn't know that he writes scary stories and the one I'm reading now is about one of those mechanical monkeys that plays the cymbals and goes crazy kind of like Chucky. So I think I'm going to put that on hold and work on a Jack Kerouac book called Satori in Paris.


I'm already starting to get a bick sick of the fixie, but have some tricks to make it better. Mostly it's descending that gets old, because along with the 20km climb is an amazing, twisty 20km descent that I would love to drill a bit. But it's tough to take corners at 150rpm. There are lots of pro tour riders I've seen in this area, so far from Astana, FDJ, Saunier-Duval, and Cofidis, and quite a few other guys on smaller teams. I still haven't hooked up with any local cyclists to ride with, but I'm really enjoying exploring at my own pace so it's not a problem. Perhaps after seeing the same people a few times we'll start riding together though...


Not much to report on the racing front, I'm just getting ready for Zurich and trying to get invites to other events but without a partner I'm starting to think more about the road season. I actually just had a sudden burst of motivation and am look forward to training this winter... especially since I'll be in shorts most of the time... suckers!

3 comments:

Gliderbison said...

YEEEEEEEAH! That was great! Flippin' great I tell you! Thanks for the updates...you are starting to convince me that you know what you're doing after all...

Bilko said...

i agree with p-a-parrot

sixtothe20 said...

Thanks for the inspirational videos. (: