This is your source for an insider perspective on European six-day racing this winter. I'm still looking for sponsors to help make it all possible (here's my resume). Also feel free to make donations online using the button below; any support is appreciated and I have a list of private contributors on the site throughout the year.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Problem: solved



Water has been a problem on my rides. I currently have plotted out all the public fountains (aka. drinking fountains) within a three hour ride of Nice, and with just one bottle stuffed into my back pocket I generally have to stop at all [three] of them whenever I go by. The bigger problem is that when descending my bottle bounces around in my jersey like a little kid whose pony escaped the riding circle and is at full gallop through the hay field.

Well necessity is the mother of invention, and so I introduce to you my newly fashioned Water Retention System. Alone, the components look like a cheap plastic bottle cage, a wine cork, and a handful of zip ties. But like any great team the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and these parts work together with such harmony that it was difficult to ride today for wanting to look down to admire the poetry taking place on my down tube. It’s like a symphony, or a marriage even… neither of which I have been part of, but if they work as well as my Water Retention System, they aren’t as tough as everyone thinks.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bilko said...

Sweet. This means you are getting your wine.

JL said...

hegemevary,
it's good to hear that your biggest problem is finding water and not deciding which winter gloves will keep your fingers warm longer than an hour. . .i'm pretty jealous.

i'm also curious why you didn't bring your blue bike on this trip. is it so you didn't have to worry about trashing it?

later,
jimmy

Mmmmm.....Nicholas said...

i hope you are getting some ass

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gliderbison said...

Wow -- I didn't know I have a goddam GENIUS for a teammate!